Genesis Generation X
System: DAZ Studio 4.5
Required: V4 and M4 Shapes for Genesis
DAZ 3D ($ 31.95)|
Manual (pdf, 243 KB)|
Images (Click to Enlarge)
Genesis Generation X (or short: GenX) transfers morphs from legacy figures like Victoria 4 and Michael 4 to Genesis.
After turning Genesis into one of the legacy figures with the according shape package,
you can now give them back all the characters, shapes, and expressions that you have for the original figure.
With GenX, you can transfer all or selected morphs from a supported figure to Genesis.
And thanks to the auto follow feature of DAZ Studio, all clothing will also fit these morphs.
GenX can translate morph or expression poses from Poser format to DAZ Studio format,
so you can still use them to load your characters and expressions from the content library.
It's even possible to create a new controller to set a shape directly in Genesis. As an alternative,
you can also merge several morphs into a new single morph, if you want to transfer a particular shape only.
GenX includes support for Victoria 4, Michael 4, and Kids 4. Further figures will be supported by add-ons.
Note: If you purchased Gen4, you can get GenX for a low upgrade price.
- Plugin for DAZ Studio 4.5 (Windows, Mac; 32/64 bit)
- Transfers morphs from legacy figures to Genesis
- Support for Victoria 4, Michael 4, and Kids 4 included
- Support for further figures will be provided by add-ons
- Requires base shape morph for legacy figures (not included)
- Load a figure and apply poses just like you do in Poser or DAZ Studio
- Drag'n'drop from DAZ Studio content library
- Drag'n'drop from external file manager (like Windows Explorer or Mac Finder)
- Load files directly from the file system
- Select figure from most recent used list
- Apply any kind of poses for morphs: injection, remove, dial settings, expressions
- Works for any kind of morphs: standard, custom, dialed characters
- Transfer modes
- Transfer single morphs and controllers
- Additionally, set default values for all morphs
- Additionally, set properties for each morph
- Additionally, create controller
- Additionally, create shaping preset
- Create a new morph from dial settings
- Create a new controller from dial settings
- Create a shaping preset from dial settings
- Fast transfer, takes only a few seconds even when transferring many morphs at once
- Preserve complex morph dependencies
- Optionally, transfer controllers as controllers (instead of merged morphs)
- Optionally, transfer conditional morphs (correction morphs depending on two morphs)
- Custom morphs may be transferred even if they use the same injection channel
- Option to enable or disable auto follow
- Option to preserve dial group structure
- Search feature to find a particular morph quickly
- Batch conversion of several morph poses and expressions from Poser format to DAZ Studion shaping presets
- Morph file manager
- Disable morphs temporarily while you don't need them
- Restore or remove backups
- Delete morph files
- There are no restrictions in using the morphs transferred by GenX provided you respect the rights of third parties.
- Manual included
Improvements (compared to Gen4)
- Plugin for DAZ Studio (Windows and Mac) with drag'n'drop from content library
- Extensible for further figures by add-ons
- Different transfer modes including merging to a single morph
- Optionally, set morph parameters like region, group, icon, and limits
- Create presets and controllers directly from figure (with applied poses)
- Improved mapping between regions in source figure and Genesis
- Angle correction for rotation differences between actors